Tuesday, August 20, 2019

enigmatic puzzle - Who's not welcome here?


Five people are discussing their hobbies:



"I like baseball", says a man.
"I prefer hiking", answers a woman.
"I love persian culture", tells a second man.
"It's weird, but I like to slice things up", says another woman.
"As for me, I really enjoy eating in the evening", tells the last man.



After a brief pause, one of them finally says:




"Well, I guess I'm not welcome here, so I'll see myself out."



Who is it, and why?



Answer



I'm going to guess it's the



Persian culture guy,



based on the observation that




the people could very well be misunderstood or mispronounced super heroes.



Particularly, they could be



Batman (baseball bat), Wonder Woman (wander woman), Iron Man (Iran Man), Catwoman (cutwoman) and Superman (supperman).



So, the odd one out would then be



Iron Man, because the others are DC characters, and he's the only Marvel hero.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...