Saturday, January 23, 2016

Collapse in Quantum Field Theory?



I do not want answers telling me that wave-function collapse is not real and decoherence is the answer (I know the situation with that). I am asking a question purely on the basis if wave-function collapse is the correct method. My question is: in normal quantum mechanics superposition of the state (position, momentum) exists until the wave-function collapses (how or why it collapses is not important in this question), now in quantum field theory we can also have superposition as in the superposition of Fock space states with different particle number. Can the superposition also collapse here under collapse interpretations of quantum mechanics/quantum field theory?


Laymans answers would be mainly appreciated...




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...