Wednesday, January 6, 2016

fluid dynamics - How are boundary consitions implemented correctly in time dependent hydrodynamics?


I posted this question more than one year ago and got an answer recently. This answer looks good to me, but indicates that something is wrong in my original approach to the problem.


Can someone tell me what is going wrong there? If I insist on naively computing the time evolution of an incompressible fluid in a constrained space (see the original post for the details),


$$\mathbf{v}(t+dt) = \mathbf{v}(t) + dt \cdot \text{Navier-Stokes}(t) \, . $$


How do I implement the no-slip boundary conditions?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...