Friday, February 19, 2016

nucleosynthesis - What could explain the presence of Promethium in stars?



[This is pretty much a copy and paste job from Technetium question but I wanted to add this one in case there was some other explanation] So, I understand that PM doesn't exist in nature [though, I don't know why every reference I see regarding PM says that and then goes on to state that it is found in some stars...] but, if that's the case, then why is it found in some stars? This element doesn't fuse in stars (I think, I found a graph saying that it does) so it has to be left over from supernovae. Lastly, how many stars have been discovered that contain promethium? Thanks much.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...