Saturday, August 13, 2016

classical mechanics - Boundary layer theory in fluids learning resources



I'm trying to understand boundary layer theory in fluids. All I've found are dimensional arguments, order of magnitude arguments, etc... What I'm looking for is more mathematically sound arguments. Not rigorous as in keeping track of all epsilons and deltas, but more rigorous than an heuristic argument. Hope you understand what I mean. Some free resources available on the web would be preferred, but if you can suggest book titles that's also helpful.


Edit: The applications I have in mind are the calculation of damping in surface waves in basins of various shapes (circular, rectangular, etc).




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...