Sunday, August 6, 2017

homework and exercises - Balancing Orthogonal Forces on 2D plane with arbitrary placement



I have a rectangular block in the xy plane with the center of mass that acts in the z direction at an arbitrary place in the plane. I also have 4 legs that support this weight underneath the block. The system is at equilibrium and not moving. These 4 legs can also be arbitrarily placed. The forces on each leg might obviously not be equal based on placement. How do I solve for the force on each leg? I would like a general formula based off the x and y locations of the legs and the center of mass. The Weight of the block will be given.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...