Sunday, November 5, 2017

research level - Vasiliev gravity and "holographic" entanglement


It has been proposed that AdS/CFT arises because of the entanglement structure of quantum field theories, e.g. see the discussion which occurred right here. Until now I have been skeptical of the idea, on the grounds that so much else is going on in the duality. A CFT only has a gravity dual if it has the right properties, or so I thought.


But I've just started looking into Vasiliev's "higher spin gravity" or "higher spin gauge theory", and eventually I ran across "Holographic dual of free field theory", which claims to construct a dual Vasiliev-type theory for every free QFT! Looking at the paper's only figure, I began to wonder if the tensor-network MERA diagrams could somehow be interpreted as Witten diagrams (which are the boundary-to-bulk Feynman diagrams used in AdS/CFT). Or perhaps the "discrete version of anti de Sitter space" which the MERA diagrams can provide, could be the background space on which a "discrete Witten diagram" is drawn. Suddenly I'm not so sure about my skepticism. Does anyone have an argument either way?





No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...