Friday, December 22, 2017

experimental physics - Reference request for the terminology and usage of different types of plasmas



I'm looking into discharge models, specifically for combustion prcesses, and I'm swamped by the number of different types of plasmas and their respective treatments (thermal plasmas, non-thermal plasmas, different degrees of inoization, excitation levels, diluted systems, etc. etc.).


I'm looking for an overview, maybe in form of a dedicated review, which gives a characterization of these different types, probably also in terms of temperatur(es). I'm not sure how standardized the terminology in this field is at this point.



In the end I would like to find out which of these types is used in which applications (i.e. in which practical engineering designs). A comment on the respective model approaches would then be very helpful too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...