Wednesday, October 31, 2018

cipher - What was my friend doing?


I asked my friend what he did last week and he gave me this note.




  • ivoesfe ivoesfe ivoesfe

  • hppe nfo hppe nfo

  • uif tjohjoh sbjo

  • pof gmfx
    dvdlppt oftu


  • qbbnfsjdbosjt

  • nvujoz
    cpvouz

  • tbqmbdfvo



What was my friend doing?



Answer



It's a




ROT-1 cipher:

- hundred hundred hundred
- good men good men
- the singing rain
- one flew
  cuckoos nest
- paamericanris
- mutiny
  bounty
- saplaceun






Now we just have to make sense of this:



Credit to C. Woods for noting this is a rebus where the answers are movie titles: (and also providing all solutions)

1. 300
2. A Few Good Men
3. Singing in the Rain
4. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
5. American in Paris
6. Mutiny on the Bounty
7. A Place in the Sun






So the final answer is



He was watching the movies listed above



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...