Thursday, October 25, 2018

general relativity - Vacuum-ether and spacetime


In the past you could not give an explanation for various phenomena in which there was an action at a distance, like magnetism or gravity, that occurred in a vacuum;


For this reason, ether was hypothesized as something that would bring the information of the positive charge to the negative charge (remaining in the field of magnetism), in short, was inconceivable that this attractive force could exist in empty space.


At a later stage it was thought to force fields ... Then with General Relativity about gravity is thought to a deformation of the space-time, for which (for example) the Earth has a fixed course in its turn around the Sun


Now excuse me if my question to the introduction I wrote inaccuracies, but did not know how to explain otherwise... I come to the question whether in the past had broken into the ether because it was inconceivable that a force could be transmitted in a vacuum, now why it can deform according to the General Relativity?


If it is empty what deform? Then I have to re-introduce the ether for something to deform?


I hope that no one gets a laugh for this my silly question, but instead to help me understand a little better as far as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...