Wednesday, June 12, 2019

classical mechanics - Deformation of a rubber ball between planes


I want to know the shape of a rubber ball when it is sandwiched between two (not necessary parallel) plane.


If two plane is parallel, I think it is possible to approximate the ball as spheroid and determine the two parameters by using the constantness of its volume and distance of two plane. However, when the planes are not parallel, I don't know how the ball looks like.


I guess I need some parameters like elasticity, but I don't have much physical knowledge.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...