Friday, June 14, 2019

How Does a Quantum Computer Work?


I've read Wikipedia, I've read How Stuff Works, I've read The Singularity is Near, but I still just don't get it. How does a Quantum Computer work? It sounds very intriguing, but I just can't wrap my mind around it. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain it to me as they would explain the basics of it to their 7 year old nephew (who apparently is probably about equal to me in their ability to understand this concept!)



Typically analogies work best when explaining concepts to the unenlightened, but this is quantum theory, so I'm not sure any analogy could exist that can explain such a bizarre concept ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...