Thursday, June 20, 2019

interactions - How the Weak nuclear force is measured in Newtons?


In my physics textbook, while talking about the scope of physics, it mentions the four fundamental forces of nature which are Gravitational force, Electromagnetic force, Strong Nuclear force and Weak Nuclear force, of these the most astonishing one I feel is the weak nuclear force. My book states that it is responsible for $\beta$-decay and other kinds of radioactivity. Now as far as I know:



$\mathbf {Force}$ is an interaction between an object and it's surrounding which causes the object to change it's momentum while the interaction is happening.



Now for gravitational and electromagnetic force I know about their classical model and, as far as I know, there they just are cause change in momentum of the object though one acts through charge and other acts through mass. But for weak nuclear force there is something more to it, it causes the particles on which it acts to change it's properties (like proton turning into neutron and vice versa) which is more than just a change in momentum.


So my questions is:



  • How the Weak nuclear force is measured in Newtons (as in my book it compares the relative strength of these forces)?





No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...