Wednesday, October 16, 2019

homework and exercises - Power dissipation in AC RC circuit



Can anyone help me with this question?




A 20 A peak-to-peak 60 Hz current passes through a 0.01 µF capacitor which is in series with a 33 Ω resistor. What is the power dissipation?



I have attempted a solution of:


$I_{rms}=\frac {I_{pk}}{\sqrt 2} $


$P_{av}=I_{rms}^2(R)=(20A)^2(33\Omega)=13200W$


However I haven't used all of the values in the question and considered it is an alternating current source


Could I use the impedance?


$Z=\sqrt {R^2 + X_c^2}$




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...