Thursday, October 17, 2019

pressure - Trying to understand jet engine



I'm trying to understand at a high level how a jet engine works. I want to know if the following summary I wrote is more or less accurate:


The jet compresses regular air into a combustion chamber. Fuel is sprayed into the combustion chamber. The pressurized fuel/air mixture is ignited and this increases the pressure inside the combustion chamber even more. The hot highly presurized gas blasts out of the combustion chamber. The energy of this blast is captured by turbines. The turbines power the compressor and provide useable power to a shaft.



Is my understanding correct?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...