Sunday, February 22, 2015

Conversion of mass and energy



First of all I am not a scientist and all these doubts are coming from my curiosity.


When Googling about Einstein's $E = mc^2$. I understand that mass and energy are convertible.


What it exactly means?


Also can we have greater amount of energy from smaller mass objects?


And if this conversion is possible then why we cant convert 1kg of iron to large energy?


(I know that the question is really worst. But I am a little bit weak in English and almost all Google searches disappoint me.)


Any simple explanation?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...