Sunday, February 8, 2015

resource recommendations - Molecular Dynamics Software for Coarse Grained Polymers



I am looking around for MD software that I can use to simulating polymers and I can't decide which software I should use.


I would like to simulate the swelling of crosslinked polymers, and I would like to do a coarse grained simulation. The most popular MD software I have found are GROMACS and LAMMPS. Are either of these suitable for course grained simulations? I tried GROMACS briefly and it was complicated. I'm reluctant to spend a lot of time learning it if there is better software available.



Another suite of programs I found is OCTA. It is a bundle of polymer simulation engines for working at different scales. It has an engine for coarse graine simulations but it doesn't seem as flexible and the (English) community seems very small. Does anyone have any experience with OCTA?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...