Thursday, January 12, 2017

lateral thinking - Sequence seen on the street


I was walking on the street when I saw the following numbers:



$0, 7, 2, 3, 9$



The sequence continued a bit further then looped back. However, it was not the sequence I was expecting, so it took me a moment to figure out what was going on.


Where were these numbers? And what was going on?



Answer



It was on a




seven-segment display counting upwards (eg a clock), but the top segment was stuck on, so 1 is the same as 7, and 4 looks similar to a 9 (even though the bottom segment would normally be on as well in a 9).



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...