Sunday, August 6, 2017

password - The Security to the Party [Part 18]


Blah, bah, blah, party, blah, blah, blah, spaghetti.


First guest arrives, guard says "3", guest says "0", and is admitted.
Second guest arrives, guard says "4", guest says "1", and is admitted.
Third guest arrives, guard says "8", guest says "2", and is admitted.

Fourth guest arrives, guard says "9", guest says "3", and is admitted.
Fifth guest arrives, guard says "10", guest says "4", and guard says "Umm, I don't know, come back later."
Sixth guest arrives, guard says "11", guest says "5" and is dissolved by acid.
Seventh guest arrive, guard says "18".... what should the guest answer?


Here's the series: https://puzzling.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/party-security


Hint:



I may need to edit the question later



I won't accept an answer without an explanation of why it is right.




Answer



My reasoning



The response is the accepted response to the given party security puzzle - #3 had the answer 0, #4 is currently unknown.



My answer



We seem to be asked for the answer to this very challenge, which presumably means I can pick any number. I'll go with 12.



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...