Wednesday, December 6, 2017

word - Teapot riddle no.13 (fan made)


Teapot Riddle no.13 (fan made).

Direction.




Rules:



I have one word which has several (2 or more) meanings.
Each of the meanings is a teapot (first, second ...).
You try to figure out the word with my Hints.





  • First Hint:

    My first teapot ends, and my second will show.
    Of them, one extends, with the other narrow.




  • Second Hint:

    My first teapot tips without movements or spills.
    My second has tips using what mainly feels.





  • Third Hint:

    My first teapot's thin, maybe sharp at the head.
    My second might sin if the middle is lead.




  • Final Hint (to make it easy):


    My third teapot's placed between units and so,
    Specifically based on its own ratio.





Good luck and have fun!
Last teapot riddle. Big thanks to @Jannis for making them!



Answer



Ok I now think it is:




POINT



The first teapot being:



A sharp tip



And the second being:



What you do with your finger




My first teapot ends, and my second will show.



When something narrows to a point, it ends. But pointing with a finger shows where something is.



Of them, one extends, with the other narrow.



You extend your finger to point, whereas the point of something is the narrow end.



My first teapot tips without movements or spills. My second has tips using what mainly feels.




When something narrows to a point it has a tip. Your fingers, which point (and also feel), have tips.



My first teapot's thin, maybe sharp at the head. My second might sin if the middle is lead.



The point of something is a sharp end. And if you "point" with your middle finger is a little bit rude, and the meaning could be considered a "sin" by some.



My third teapot's placed between units and so, Specifically based on its own ratio.



A third definition of "point" is a relative measure of the size of a font.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...