Thursday, February 8, 2018

electromagnetism - electromagnetic induction and magnetic shielding


In the figure I have a circular conducting wire. Somehow, in the middle circular region I have a magnetic field (this means the magnetic field is shielded in this region and it is possible from what I have read in the wiki page).


Now if I vary the magnetic field in this region, will that induce a current in the wire through Faraday's law? If so, how?


If I assume that the circular shaped wire has the same diameter as the galaxy. How will the electrons in the conductor know that they should move because the magnetic field has changed?


enter image description here



EDIT:i saw a similar question in Griffiths example 7.8




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...