Sunday, February 18, 2018

puzzle creation - Help me to find a small but hard and clever maze


For a competition, I need to choose a maze puzzle, only one. There are tons of mazes, but most of them are not clever, i.e. they are just solved by trial and error.

Few days ago I saw A blue, white and red maze. It's a clever puzzle: when you approach it with trial and error, you can easily fail and conclude that it doesn't have a solution, but it does. I liked it a lot. A problem with it? It is too simple, as I think most of the people can solve it eventually.


So, I need a maze, which:



  • has a solution;

  • is clever, i.e. not a usual maze where you just walk in all possible ways until you find an exit. In this puzzle, you should be required first to find an idea how to approach it, only then to try different paths;

  • hard, i.e. the idea should not be trivial and most of the people who try to solve the maze should feel like there is no solution.

  • relatively small, with rules, which are easy to understand. Let's say it should fit to a piece of squared paper of size about 15 by 15 cells;


Could you help me to find such a puzzle?


P.S. Looking at Near-impossible puzzle for Christmas, I suppose this is not off-topic.





No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...