Saturday, February 24, 2018

riddle - A reprieve from the brain-stretching - Clue Twenty Three


<<---First clue
<--Previous clue





You push the door open. You look around, expecting another hard puzzle like the previous one.


You look at the floor. It says:



In recognition of you work, we would like to award you a Nob... sorry, wrong speech.


In recognition of your work, we are giving you an easy puzzle. Just a plain, simple, undisguised riddle. Hope you're happy. The next one's impossible.


The first part of me:
Apparently, I’m very lovely… but I’m also dangerous.
If you try to hug me, you may be pricked.
Don’t make me blush – I’m red enough.

But I’m also as pale as a ghost.
And yellow as the sun.


The second part of me:
Bloody? Me? Well, yes.
But that was a long time ago.
At least I wasn’t like my father!
I am going to have mutton for dinner.
This livestock is really getting on my nerves.


Add us together, and what do you see?
This is the answer to Clue 23!






Next clue--->



Answer



I see



ROSEMARY



Apparently, I’m very lovely… but I’m also dangerous.
If you try to hug me, you may be pricked.




Lots of people like roses, but their thorns are painful to touch.



Don’t make me blush – I’m red enough.
But I’m also as pale as a ghost.
And yellow as the sun.



Roses come in red, white and yellow.



Bloody? Me? Well, yes. But that was a long time ago.




Mary I of England is known as "Bloody Mary".



At least I wasn’t like my father!



Henry VIII ordered the execution of many people.



I am going to have mutton for dinner.
This livestock is really getting on my nerves.




Reference to the poem Mary had a little lamb.



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...