Sunday, March 18, 2018

riddle - Who am I, and when will I appear? the second


(with apologies to @Rand al'Thor, whose latest puzzle inspired me to post this one, my first here—and whose text I blatantly stole lovingly adapted in homage.)



I came regularly once a year, from '92 to '95,
Skipped 1996 entirely,
Returned in 1997, and took a break after 1998.
I made a few appearances between '05 and '13,
But in '15 I was back like clockwork.
This year I haven't appeared at all!




Who am I? And when will I next appear?



Answer



This is from a comment by FumbleFingers, who should feel free to make a separate answer and get full credit.



           (source Wikipedia)


Who am I?



A leap second



          Last seen:

(from Wikipedia)


And when will I next appear?



Saturday




December 31, 2016, at 23:59:60 UTC



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...