Thursday, September 27, 2018

riddle - Three rings to rule them all


Three rings to rule them all,
Nine men fighting against nine.
Closing the lines, capture is done,
I win if seven are mine.


Three men are flying, but more are not.
But on a plane they are all.
Now can you tell from this what I am?
For answers to this I now call.




Answer



I can't solve it completely, but I think it is



Nine men's morris (lots of references to the rules of the game: nine pieces on each side, three on the same line means capture, capture seven pieces and you win, when only three pieces are left, "flying" is allowed).



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...