Saturday, September 15, 2018

‘Supersymmetrizing’ an arbitrary quantum-mechanical potential


To my understanding, it is not possible to $``\text{supersymmetrize}"$ an arbitrary quantum-mechanical system unless one knows how to represent the corresponding Hamiltonian in the form $$ H = A^\dagger A \quad, $$ which can be as difficult as solving the Schrödinger equation. (I guess, in QM we can generate SUSY potentials by playing with arbitrary superpotentials $W(x)$.)


So, I realize that my question is not very rigorous. Anyways,


Is there ANY way to construct a supersymmetric Hamiltonian $H_S$ from a given one, $H$? (without the necessity to solve Schrödinger equation for $H$ or doing some equally hard things)


What I mean here by $``\text{construct}"$ is not necessarily what people typically mean by this word in SUSY QM (see e.g. here). The only thing I want is SOME SUSY potential whose construction would somehow involve using $H$.


P.S.


Note that we know how to $``\text{supersymmetrize}"$ nearly any field theory. This suggests that a similar thing should be possible in QM.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...