Sunday, September 23, 2018

visual - Organically Overhauling my Occupation


After secretly assassinating a wealthy doctor in the countryside, I found myself with surplus funds. Naturally, the best possible investment is investing in oneself, so I boarded a plane and went out to do research for a new job. The problem is, I was boating down a river when I ran into some pirates and was forcefully de-boated. When I came to, I had a busted lip (messing up my pronunciation), a forgotten job, and a wooden plank I was probably researching:


enter image description here (Click for white background)


As a wanderer of many talents, I could have been doing research for nearly any occupation, but when I spoke the contents of the wooden plank, I remembered my field of research.



What do I research in my new job?



Hint:




Base conversion may be helpful



This puzzle can be solved without guessing. There is one unique solution. The "x" denotes an empty cell.



Answer



As Thomas Markov found in their answer,



the completed nonogram consists of an expression that simplifies to $ \log e, $ where $ \log $ represents $ \log_{10}, $ next to a letter O.



This can be taken to mean




the phrase "by O, log e," which sounds like the word "biology" if the pronunciation is mangled up a bit, as indicated in the flavortext. So you were most likely researching biology.



In fact, this answer is quite thematic since



it fits the title (biology involves the study of "organic" things) and the rebus itself ("natural log").



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...