Saturday, November 16, 2019

newtonian mechanics - How can I stand on the ground? EM or/and Pauli?


There is this famous example about the order difference between gravitational force and EM force. All the gravitational force of Earth is just countered by the electromagnetic force between the electrons on the surface of my feet and the ground.


But also wave-function of electrons(fermions) do not overlap each other due to Pauli exclusion principle.


So which one is the true reason of me not flopping inside the earth forever? Is it only one of them(my guess is Pauli exclusion) or is it both?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...