Thursday, January 9, 2020

riddle - Almost a curse?


What am I?



My last three letters serve to clarify.
My first four letters are where famous people speak.
Dropping all consonants, I am almost a curse.



The solution is a single English word and, once found, will leave no doubt that it is the intended one.


Hint




The solution explains how the riddle must be modified to yield the solution.




Answer



Given the hint, I guess the answer is



SHIFTED.



The gimmick is that:




The predicate of each sentence needs to be shifted cyclically upward once, yielding the actual riddle:
My last three letters are where famous people speak.
My first four letters, I am almost a curse.
Dropping all consonants serve to clarify.



The answer fits this riddle because:



The last three letter: TED= A TED Talk.
My first four letters: SHIF ~ ___T.
Dropping all consonants: IE=i.e., id est, used to clarify.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...