Saturday, August 5, 2017

riddle - The hangman game backward


So, @JLee has posted a hangman game (Hangman- No misses left) on SE. I would like to create one too, but let's do it backward - guess what was the question, with only 1 letter missing:


fill in an "a" - you wish you have it for your lovely home
fill in an "e" - I will have some water and I am fine
fill in an "i" - It happens only in the future you may say
Now, if you fill in a "w" - now, it's not a word but the world was crazy about it!


Your answer can be in form of:




The question was: _ p p l e



followed by explanation.



Answer



The question was:



w _ ll



Explanation:


You wish you have it for your lovely home




A home is not a home without walls.



I will have some water and I am fine



Well holds water, well means fine



It happens only in the future you may say



A person writes a will for when they die, not in the present moment.




Now, it's not a word but the world was crazy about it!



wwll, or I suspect supposed to represent World War II (though those are Is, not Ls.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...