Thursday, February 1, 2018

spacetime - What is the curvature of this shape? Is it closed?


This is a follow up question to this issue. I have the following metric:$$\mathrm{d}s_s^2=[1-4\phi^2T^2]\mathrm{d}T^2-\phi^2T^4\mathrm{d}\Theta^2-\phi^2T^4\sin^2\Theta \mathrm{d}\Phi^2$$ Where $\phi$ is a constant in units of $km$ $s^{-2}$ (length per square time), $\Phi$ and $\Theta$ are 3D polar coordinates and $T$ is time. What is the curvature of this space at time, $T$?


If I travel in a straight line in the space defined by this metric and travel long enough, will I end up back where I started (is it closed)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...