Friday, May 3, 2019

knowledge - Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the richest of them all? (I make billions #7)


Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the richest of them all? (I make billions #7)


Clue group 1:



  • This spa provides a great relaxation rub. Earbuds are included too.

  • I compared virtual machines, and oddly Dalvik nipped JVM by only a hair.

  • What's this sight I'm seeing? Rapunzel and Flynn arguing?

  • I'm Agent Johnson. This is Special Agent Johnson. No relation. (Watch this if you don't get the joke)



Clue group 2:



  • My favorite cartoon character is Bojack Horseman. If that horse got injured, would he go to the hospital or to the vets?

  • There are some people who think Santa Claus is evil. Really, no joking!

  • I need to get my cuckoo clock fixed, time permitting.


Who / What am I?


Notes:



  1. The answer is not literally the richest in the world.


  2. The first clue has some italicization to provide a hint. After each day that the puzzle is not solved, I will italicize an additional clue.

  3. The video link for clue #4 has nothing to do with the puzzle. It's just there in case you've never seen Die Hard.


Previous puzzles in this series: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6



Answer



Got it! You are



Apple, the multinational tech. company



Each clue in group 1




Contains the name of a variety of apple hidden backwards among its letters, often spanning multiple words



Like so:



This spa provides a great relaxation rub. Earbuds are included too. = BRAEBURN
I compared virtual machines, and oddly Dalvik nipped JVM by only a hair. = PINK LADY
What's this sight I'm seeing? Rapunzel and Flynn arguing? = GRANNY SMITH
I'm Agent Johnson. This is Special Agent Johnson. No relation. = GALA




Meanwhile, each clue in group 2



Contains the name of Apple founders / board members, etc.



Like so:



My favorite cartoon character is Bojack Horseman. If that horse got injured, would he go to the hospital or to the vets? = STEVE JOBS
There are some people who think Santa Claus is evil. Really, no joking! = JONY IVE
I need to get my cuckoo clock fixed, time permitting. = TIM COOK




All this considered, it is now evident that the title was a clue to this since



The use of ‘Mirror, Mirror...’ points to the evil queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, who attempts to poison Snow White with… an apple!



And



It doubled as a hint towards the method required to decipher the puzzle: reading backwards, as if the clues were reflected in a mirror... (pointed out by Omega Krypton in the comments)



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...