Wednesday, November 23, 2016

riddle - And now I'm sitting in my Frozen Chamber


Many have seen my crown,
but none have seen my throne.
I have hundreds in my harem,

but none of them is my own.


My people work from sunrise to sunset,
just as I commanded.
And sometime I just sit on the roof
and watch where the dandelions landed.



Answer



I think it is



A rooster




Many has seen my crown, but none have seen my throne.



A rooster has a crown on it's head, but no throne



I have hundreds in my harem, but none of them is my own.



All the hens in the "harem" belong to the farmer, not the rooster.



My people work from sunrise to sunset, just as I commanded.




The rooster crowing at sunrise used to be the alarm for the people to wake up and start working.



And sometime I just sit on the roof and watch where the dandelions landed.



Weather vanes on the top of barn roofs are sometimes shaped like a rooster. They point in direction of wind, and the dandelions will land in the direction of wind. So they see the dandelions land.



And now I'm sitting in my Frozen Chamber



The rooster is culled and put in a freezer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...