Thursday, July 26, 2018

thermodynamics - Extracting work from a partition of equally energetic "colored" balls


I am referencing this answer by Ruben Verresen to this question: Does entropy depend on the observer?


A bit down in that answer Ruben states that just being able to perceive (in theory - in your universe) the difference between the energetic balls in the right and the left partitions would enable one to extract energy - even if the partitions have the same energy distribution I assume. But I don't see how, although one comment - responding to my comment - indicated that osmotic pressure could be involved.


Could someone explain how this would work in practice?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...