Friday, November 1, 2019

quantum mechanics - Why does the wavefunction have to be continuous in the presence of a Dirac delta potential?


Considering the time-independent Schrödinger equation, I can see for a finite potential, why the wavefunction has to be continuous, I can also see why the first derivative of the wavefunction is discontinuous when there is a Dirac delta potential, but I can't see what is forcing the wavefunction to be continuous in the case of an infinite potential (mathematically as well as physically).


Can someone explain this to me?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...