Tuesday, December 6, 2016

particle physics - Where can I get the most accurate measurements of parton distribution functions?


Where would I look to get the most accurate experimental values of parton distribution functions for the proton? I know these functions aren't measured directly, but I'd basically like to find a fit that involves recent experimental data.


I was reading a paper on PDFs which briefly discussed how the theoretical functions are fit to data and included some sample figures, but it dates from 1996 and I'm looking for something more recent.



Answer



The two most well-known parton distribution function tables are CTEQ from the US and MSTW from Europe. Some people claim that the European one is of higher quality, but I don't know enough to judge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...