Tuesday, February 6, 2018

estimation - What percentage of a rocket fuel is used to lift fuel itself?


I don't need an exact number, also it can be to travel to the ISS or the moon, it's not important. I just want to get an idea of how much fuel is used in a «recursive» sort of way.


Edit: I am asking how much of the initial total amount of fuel at takeoff is used to lift fuel. I know fuel is consumed on the go, but that does not render the question unanswerable.


Edit2: By saying it was not important that the travel was to the ISS or the moon, I meant that any example could be taken, and not that it was irrelevant to the calculation.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...