Monday, December 16, 2019

harmonic oscillator - Oscillation with exponentially increasing period


I am trying to build a model for a certain type of oscillatory behaviour with a kind of exponential dilatation.


How can I modify the function of a simple cosine oscillation $\psi(x)=A_0 \cos(2\pi\; \omega x)$ to an oscillation which period would increase exponentially along the abscissa from left to right?



Answer



I've turned my comment into an answer so the question can be closed.


A very similar question was asked and answered here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...