Sunday, November 6, 2016

optics - Can spectacles converge sunlight to an extent that it burns the eyeball?


I need to know whether wearing spectacles can cause optical harm. I saw a movie where one pair of glasses was placed on table exposed to sunlight, then the sunlight converged and focused to a point and the table started burning, I couldn't believe that, but after that, I learned that fire can be produced by focusing sunlight with a magnifying glass, I was amazed, but I was worried that this may also happen to humans wearing glasses, though our eyeballs don't usually burn like that. Is that possible?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...