Monday, November 26, 2018

Matlab package: graphical calculus for quantum operations (esp. linear optics)


I need a matlab package that will make my life easier. I have quantum circuits with optical beam splitters, polarizing beam splitters and photodetectors. These circuits are getting very complicated and I am wondering if anyone knows of a matlab package that would make my life easier. A graphical package would be excellent and I suppose any software will do.



Answer



Beyond the qotoolbox, which is showing its age but still very useful, I'm not sure what to suggest. A graphical package does not exist (as far as I'm aware), and is not likely to unless you make it yourself since this not in high demand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...