Friday, November 23, 2018

quantum mechanics - Probability and the many-worlds interpretation


If I toss a coin, then according to the many worlds interpretation of QM, in half those worlds I'll get a head. If I then toss again, then in a quarter I will have got two heads. And so on. There will therefore be some extreme worlds where I always get heads. What happens to the normal distribution of probabilities say in a world where I always get a head, you always toss a six on a die and all electrons are spin up? Similar extreme outcomes of will not happen in only one world, but an infinite number. In these worlds the normal distribution of events will not occur. What an I missing about the many-world interpretation of QM?




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...