Wednesday, October 18, 2017

electromagnetism - Can we stop moving bullets by Eddy currents?



My idea is to make a gun-like model which would be the source of a changing magnetic field so that Eddy currents are produced in the bullet. Would it be enough to stop a moving bullet? I'm posting a rough picture of my idea. I just have to get the value of EMF of the source and the bullet should theoretically stop inside the solenoid, shouldn't it?


L-R.. Solenoid, Step Up transformer, Plug key, AC source.


Also, if there's a way to create a magnetic field outside the "gun", so as to stop the bullet mid air, please enlighten me with the method.




No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...