Wednesday, December 11, 2019

My brother and his cipher


NOTICE: true story ahead, you can skip it if you want and go straight to the puzzle


I was reading a book when a scrap of paper fell out. Looking at it, I realised that there was a code on it. Now before you get all excited about hidden treasure and stuff, I instantly recognised my brother's handwriting. After attempting to crack the code, and failing, I asked him for the answer. I did get extremely close to cracking it though! Anyways, here's the code:


enter image description here


Text version:



Can opens Incca lass orel case





Note: The only important part is the text version; that's all you need to solve it.





Hints:



My brother is ten.



Also how did I come close to cracking it? I noticed that some parts of the code seemed like words, for example saying it out loud makes it seem almost intelligible.



Answer



I think you simply...



Remove the 3 ca's in the sentence. So:

[Ca]n opens Inc[ca] lass orel [ca]se = No pens in class, or else!
Which does sound like something a school teacher might say. Some classes only allow pencils. And I did find it when I said it all out loud and noticed the middle part sounds like 'in class'.



No comments:

Post a Comment

classical mechanics - Moment of a force about a given axis (Torque) - Scalar or vectorial?

I am studying Statics and saw that: The moment of a force about a given axis (or Torque) is defined by the equation: $M_X = (\vec r \times \...